Sunday, December 18, 2011

1st day OFF out of 18 ON...

   It's a beautiful, sunny, Sunday in sleepy beach town Torrance. Today seems even SWEETER since my chef was given a day off today! woot woot!!
He has been working everyday (even sleeping over at the kitchen & working 30 hrs straight) since Dec 1st, so I'm super happy that he and his kitchen mates can have a day off! It has been really rough on him this month, but he sure enjoyed the nice, fat paycheck he recieved on Friday + his well deserved SLEEP!

The other day, Mati got some pretty expensive white Truffle oils, a tiny bottle of extra virgin olive oil, sherry vinegar, saffron, and black truffle salt. I don't know MUCH about food other than eating it, so he explained to me that I cannot cook with these oils. They are only for dressing food and as a topping. Thank GOODNESS he told me, for I was already plotting my first dish I would look up online to cooking with the oils that I can suprise him with ahahah!

He knows how much I love tiny things: tiny pencils, tiny erasers, tiny candies, anything at Hello Kitty store, tiny dogs, tiny Tobasco bottles, tiny gadgets, tiny travel sized deoderants, lotions, etc. He gave me the small bottle of extra virgin olive oil because he knows I'd never use it because of its cuteness. haha true.
We will go to his parent's house in Palos Verdes to give the bottles to his mom for Christmas. I can't wait to try some of the sherry vinegar on a salad. I tried some from the bottle & it was amazing. #NOM NOM NOM

No comments: